LG is rather secretive about its color codes, but consulting a professional or re-thinking your appliance colors can be highly effective approaches.
Appliances may be mostly functional and practical, but this does not mean that you should have to hide them away to have a beautiful design.
LG, a brand synonymous with innovation, offers a plethora of appliances in a spectrum of colors.
While LG tends to keep its color codes a well-guarded secret, there are effective strategies to navigate the mystery and incorporate these appliances seamlessly into your design.
The importance of choosing the right appliances for your home
In today’s pursuit of modern comforts, appliances play a pivotal role in our homes. While functionality often guides choices, it’s crucial to acknowledge that not all appliances can be discreetly concealed.
Unlike washers or dryers, neatly tucked in laundry rooms, certain appliances stand out in living spaces. Therefore, the consideration should extend beyond practicality to encompass aesthetic impact.
- Beyond Practicality: Aesthetic Integration Matters – Appliances, like refrigerators and ovens, are integral to your home’s visual landscape. Overlooking their aesthetic dimension can disrupt overall harmony.
- Seamless Integration: Elevating Your Design – Opt for appliances that seamlessly blend into your design scheme, contributing to the overall aesthetic without overpowering the space.
- Beyond Closed Doors: Showcasing Style – Appliances in kitchens or prominent living areas act as visible design elements. Embrace this reality to turn them into style statements.
Tips for Harmonious Appliance Selection
Achieving a harmonious living space involves a holistic approach to appliance selection, balancing both form and function.
- Color Harmony: Choose appliance colors that complement or contrast with your existing palette.
- Style Alignment: Opt for appliances that align with your space’s overall style, whether modern or traditional.
- Material Integration: Ensure appliances seamlessly blend with surrounding materials and textures.
LG appliance color codes
Many appliance manufacturers, including the fan-favorite LG, are now making their appliances in a variety of colors for this exact reason.
LG has plenty of color options for you to choose from across their different appliance categories. These range from pure white, stainless steel, and black stainless steel, to pure black.
Most of these colors also come in a variety of finishes (including smooth, matte, metallic and print-proof) to make sure that there is something for everyone.
LG and the other appliance manufacturers often have to work for years to create these different colors and proprietary technologies.
As a result, they usually keep the recipes to their specially-developed colors a closely-guarded secret. Unfortunately, this means that it is quite difficult to track down the exact codes and combinations for LG’s appliance colors.
If you have in found yourself in a bind and you need an exact color match to touch up a scratch on one of your LG appliances, or you want all of your appliances to match, your best option will be to contact a certified repair technician.
However, you will need to match both the color and the finish of your appliance to make this touch-up appear seamless, and this can be extremely difficult to do without expert help.
Why the Secrecy?
The enigma surrounding LG’s color codes is a deliberate choice. By keeping these codes confidential, LG maintains an element of surprise and exclusivity.
This strategy aligns with the brand’s commitment to innovation and adds an air of mystery to the appliance selection process.
Why your LG appliance color may look different than it did in store or online
If you have carefully picked out your LG appliance color only to find that it looks different in your home, or even that the same color appliances look different from one room to the next, this can probably be attributed to a difference in lighting.
The color perception of your LG appliances can be significantly affected by the temperature and brightness of the lighting in your room.
Metallic or highly-reflective finishes, common in modern appliances, can create distinct color variations based on lighting conditions. Certain angles or lighting intensities may alter the perceived color of different parts of the appliance.
Fortunately, the silver lining to this lighting conundrum is the ability to mask minor color discrepancies in shadier areas of your living space.
Also, consider the impact of lighting when placing LG appliances. Shaded corners or areas with softer lighting may mitigate color variations.
Before committing to an LG appliance color choice, try and test samples in various lighting conditions to gauge color consistency.
Also, we recommend seeking advice from professionals, as they can provide insights into managing lighting challenges and ensuring color coherence in your home.
Creating harmony in appliance colors: A guide to mixing and matching
If you have come to the point where you need to replace one (or a few) of the appliances in your home and finding an exact color match is proving difficult, do not fret.
Consider embracing the mix-and-match trend for a unique and visually appealing home. Follow these strategies to navigate color discrepancies and elevate your overall design:
Strategies for mix-and-match success
- Position appliances strategically to minimize color differences, especially when they are not placed directly next to one another
- Prioritize how appliances blend into the overall room design, ensuring they complement existing elements for a harmonious look
- While mixing colors is permissible, maintain balance to prevent a chaotic appearance
- Designate focal points to draw attention away from slight color variations among appliances
Creative approaches for visual interest
- Cluster appliances with similar colors or finishes to create intentional design groupings
- Explore complementary colors to enhance visual appeal without striving for precise matches
- Introduce texture and varied finishes to divert attention from exact color matches, creating a cohesive yet diverse aesthetic
We recommend you embrace the mix-and-match trend to enjoy creative freedom and curate a personalized space that reflects your unique style.
However, if you must, then you can also seek guidance from design professionals for expert insights on harmonizing mixed appliance colors within your specific design scheme.
Revolutionizing appliance colors: LG’s innovative approach
In the dynamic world of color design, LG continues to lead the way with groundbreaking innovations. If you’ve ever found yourself grappling with the challenging task of choosing appliance colors, relief may be on the horizon.
LG introduced the revolutionary MoodUP refrigerator in 2022, marking a significant shift in the way we perceive and interact with appliance colors.
This innovative refrigerator empowers users to customize the color of the appliance seamlessly through the ThinQ app.
The upcoming model promises an extensive palette of over 190,000 colors, providing users with an unprecedented level of personalization.
It may not be long until you can personally select the color that you want every single appliance in your house to be, with the simple touch of a button.